Here’s how to get to home ownership in 0-30 days:
1. Get pre-approved Talk with a lender (preferably a LOCAL lender), not your bank or credit union trust us. Why? They have the ability to work around the clock for you and can oftentimes offer the best rates. Think about it: if you plan on going with a BIG bank, you’re just a number, unfortunately, and you won’t get the customized special touch that you deserve when it comes to your biggest investment. Local lenders also understand the local market which means programs, grants and funds that are available to you will be clearly outlined based on what you may qualify for!
2. Work with a real estate agent to find your house. Every home-buying transaction is unique which is why a great agent will customize the process based on your budget, timeline and goals. As a buyer, you do not pay to work with an agent so trust your largest investment to a professional who can walk you through every step of an often-complicated transaction.
3. Follow the guidance of your lender. Hopefully you took our #1 advice and went with a local lender. They will be in contact with you every step of the way. You’ll want to quickly send them all documents and statements they request to ensure your loan approval isn’t delayed. The clock is ticking on your contract and your agent and lender will update you each step of the way to keep our purchase on track.
4. It is vital to get a home inspection on your property. You need to understand any potential problems or safety issues in the property you are purchasing prior to closing. Your agent will explain which items need to be addressed and which items you can take care of once you own the house. This part of the process is its own negotiation and can save (or cost) you thousands!
5. Final walk through Your agent will schedule a final walk through of your new home before you sign on the dotted line. This is to ensure that all the work agreed on by the sellers was completed and that the house is conveyed to you in the same condition you last saw it.
6. Settlement! You will finally sign the official paperwork that transfers the home to your name and you will get the keys to your new home that you’ve worked really hard to buy! Your agent will be right there celebrating with you!
As we always say, it matters who you work with. We’d love to help – contact us today!